You've served your country. Now let us serve you. 

RCBC Military Education & Veteran Services was established in 1973 to provide assistance to the veteran population.

While primary emphasis is placed on education benefits, the office provides information and assistance to student veterans and community residents for any benefits available from the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA). If you are a veteran, dependent of a deceased or disabled veteran, or active duty military member, you may be eligible to receive monthly educational assistance from the Veterans Administration while enrolled at RCBC.  

Important Information Every Student Should Know 

When your status changes, it could affect your benefits. Failing classes, dropping, withdrawal from a course or failure to attend all risk the proper payment of your benefits.

Qualifying for Benefits

To qualify for veterans' benefits, you must be enrolled in a degree-seeking program. If you are entering RCBC for the first time and believe you are eligible for veterans' educational assistance, apply at Military Education and Veterans Services in Evans Hall room 108 on the Mount Laurel Campus. The office ensures access to all veteran students seeking information and assistance. 

It normally takes eight weeks after class begins to receive the first payment following submission of certification of enrollment. On receipt of your Certificate of Eligibility from the VA it is important you bring a copy to the Veterans Affairs office immediately or scan and email to

Military Education and Veterans Services will serve as your focal point of contact. The financial aid staff is sensitive to the needs and problems faced by veterans returning to college, and strive to assure each veteran a successful academic experience.

Change in Status

If you are using GI Bill benefits, it is essential that you contact Military Education and Veterans Services each term to report your registration, and to make sure that you have been certified for that term. Veterans must also report any course changes during the term, to keep their file updated, and to avoid any unnecessary overpayment of benefits.

Veteran Absenteeism

Excessive absenteeism could result in your benefits being decreased or terminated. Military Education and Veterans Services is kept informed of attendance records, and will take appropriate actions to prevent overpayments by the Department of Veterans Affairs.

The reported change posted to the VA will be determined by the date of your last attendance. As outlined by the Department of Veterans Affairs, the date of last attendance is defined as one of the following:

  1. Date officially withdrawn. A Drop/Add form must be submitted to the Registration Department.
  2. Date that you failed to demonstrate satisfactory progress, as defined by the Institution's Standards of Academic Progress.
  3. Definite date of last attendance from instructor's records.
  4. For those classes where attendance is not mandatory, this date will be determined from the last activity date reflected in the instructor's records; either the last paper submitted or the last examination completed per month for the first 12 months of active duty. In addition, the character of discharge must be honorable. Veterans are entitled to 36 months of training under Chapter 30, and it must be used within ten years of discharge from active duty (delimiting date).
VA Work Study Program

Veterans who train at the three-quarter or full-time rate may be eligible for a work-study program in which they work for VA and receive hourly wages. The types of work allowed include:

  1. Outreach services
    1. VA paperwork
    2. Work at national or state veterans cemeteries
    3. Work at VA medical centers or state veterans homes
    4. Other VA approved activities
Referrals for Additional Needs

The Military Education and Veteran Services staff are sensitive to the needs of veterans and their families and strive to ensure that each student has the best opportunity to succeed individually and as part of our RCBC family. The staff is trained to work through processes to ensure the veteran receives entitled educational benefits including free tutors for some programs. There are on sight counselors available who are trained to help veterans with mental health needs at no cost and no referral. Kathy O'Grady, MSW is available for veterans of all branches of the US Military, she can be reached at or 609-882-5744. 


Should you find yourself struggling in a class, dont wait seek out a tutor today. Contact your Military Education and Veteran Services staff for more information about our free tutoring services.

RCBC Financial and Educational Planning Guidance

Financial and Educational Planning Guidance

At RCBC, we care about the success and financial well-being of all of our students, including our veteran population. One way that we do this is by making your data readily available to you. Did you know that you can easily access your personalized data through RCBC's Self-Service portal? It's true! Simply click the "Financial Aid" section to view your information. Additional financial information can be found at the NCES College Navigator site and by visiting RCBC's Financial Aid website where you can use the tuition calculator. 


Section 1018 of Public Law 116-315, Johnny Isakson and David P. Roe, M.D. Veterans Health Care and Benefits Improvement Act of 2020 requires educational institutions to make certain disclosures to students using federal military and/or VA educational benefits.

Benefits overview:

Montgomery G.I. Bill

Veterans are entitled to 36 months of training under Chapter 30, to be used within ten years of honorable discharge from active duty (delimiting date). Eligibility is based on:

  • Entering the active military after June 30, 1985
  • Serving continuously for three years
  • Contributing $100 per month for the first 12 months of active duty.
Post 9/11 G.I. Bill

Eligibility is for individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after September 11, 2001 or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post -9/11 GI Bill. The Post 9/11 GI Bill will become effective for training on or after August 1, 2009. 

Disabled Veterans
  • Any veteran with a disability rating from the Department of Veterans Affairs of 10% or more is entitled to apply for Vocational Rehabilitation. Vocational rehabilitation provides payment of tuition, fees, books, and required supplies along with a monthly stipend.
  • The Department of Veterans Affairs does not pay for non-punitive grades such as auditing of a course (AU), or for the courses which will not fulfill criteria for graduation in the chosen major. If you anticipate being absent from classes, notify your instructors and discuss the situation with them. It may prevent an excessive absence report from being initiated.
State of New Jersey Tuition Credit Program

New Jersey offers a stipend to certain veterans who:

  • are or were eligible for GI Bill benefits
  • who served on active duty between December 31, 1960 and May 7, 1975
  • were legal residents of New Jersey at the time of induction, the time of discharge, or for one year prior to application for this benefit.
National Guard Tuition-Free Program

Available to members of the New Jersey National Guard, this program requires students to produce a Commander's Certificate each semester, and to file for all available State and Federal Financial Aid for each academic year.

Selective Reserve Montgomery G.I. Bill

Effective July 1, 1985, members of the selected reserve of the U.S. Armed Forces may be eligible for Chapter 1606 educational assistance. The Unit Commander will provide a "Notice of Basic Eligibility.” Veterans must bring this NOBE in and fill out an application for GI benefits. These will be submitted to the DVA with a certification of enrollment at RCBC. Veterans are entitled to 36 months of training under Chapter 1606 and it must be used within ten years of the date of eligibility on the NOBE.

Dependents of Military Personnel and Veterans

Children and spouses of veterans who died or are permanently and totally disabled as the result of a service-connected disability are eligible for benefits under Chapter 35 of the Montgomery GI Bill. Children must be between 18 and 26 years of age. Spouses must use the benefit within twenty years of becoming eligible.

Spouses of Active Duty Junior Officers, Warrant Officers and Enlisted

Spouses of junior officers, warrant officers and enlisted qualify for money for career skills completed within two years.  Visit for more information or contact us at

Tuition Assistance

Active Duty or Reserve members, regardless of branch, who are using TA please send your complete TA form to If you cannot email the TA form you can bring them to the Business Office at either the Pemberton or Mount Laurel Campus. You are responsible for paying any fees due at the time of submission. You can pay either online, in-person, or by phone.