Rowan University Housing Options for Transfer Students in Glassboro
Rowan University features eight residence halls and six apartment communities nestled among the trees of a 200 acre campus in historic Glassboro, New Jersey. University and affiliated residences provide easy access to campus resources, recreational facilities and social opportunities.
Students who live on campus benefit from facilities and resources that support students’ success during their first year and throughout their four year experience. Research and experience tells us that students who live on campus:
- Develop a greater sense of belonging.
- Find it easier to form friendships.
- Participate more in student organizations.
- Develop stronger connections to faculty.
- Increase their awareness of diversity.
- Are more likely to complete a degree in 4 years.
Housing Options, General
Upperclassmen, transfer and graduate students are assigned to either residence hall or apartment spaces. Spaces may be single or double occupancy. Bathrooms are usually shared by two to six students. All apartment buildings are co-ed.
Key features of student rooms include:
- Fully furnished with extra-long twin bed, dresser, desk and closet or wardrobe space for each student (in triplets, 3 students share 1 closest or wardrobe).
- Most rooms are carpeted. Non-carpeted rooms may be requested (space is limited).
- All apartments (except Triad) are air conditioned. Residence halls are not air conditioned.
- All housing options have internet, a local phone, and basic cable services.
- Trained staff live and work in each resident hall to help residents live successfully in the university environment.
Housing Option, Holly Pointe Commons
Rowan University’s newest residence hall, Holly Pointe Commons will open in Fall 2016. The new building will include 1,415 beds as well as new dining venues that will significantly increase the options available for students. The building will house primarily first-year and sophomore students, including students in the Engineering, History, Honors, LGBTQ+, Pre-Med, and Writing Arts learning communities.
Designed with the needs of first-years and sophomores in mind, key features of student rooms include:
- Air conditioning in every room
- Spacious doubles that can be tripled on request
- Single rooms (limited availability)
- Card access entry (no keys)
- WiFi and Digital Cable TV
Student rooms are organized into “Pods”. Every Pod forms a community with a Resident Assistant (RA). Pods include a mix of student bedrooms, lounge and study spaces, bathrooms, and laundry rooms.
Gender Inclusive Features
Holly Pointe Commons has been designed to provide options for gender inclusive housing in a traditional residence hall environment. Students may choose roommates without restrictions based on gender. Students who prefer a same-gender roommate can limit roommate matches to that choice as well.
Restrooms throughout the building are designed to be open to all genders by maximizing privacy and security. All restrooms are also serviced by housekeeping to assure they are clean and comfortable for students.
All new students are encouraged to apply for housing as soon as possible upon acceptance to Rowan University. All housing applications are completed online:
Click on “Access Banner Services” and log in. Then click on “Students” - “MyHousing,” and then “Apply Online.” Select the “Freshman Application” or “Transfer Application” as appropriate.
Availability of On-Campus Housing
The university requires freshmen and sophomores to live oncampus unless they apply and qualify for an exemption. Housing for juniors and seniors, including transfer students, is assigned on a space available basis, and is not guaranteed.
If you have any specific questions about Rowan University Housing, please contact: