Rowan College at Burlington County has an Open Enrollment Policy. You may begin your studies at RCBC right away, if you fall under any of the following categories:
- You have a high school diploma
- You have an equivalency (GED) certificate
- You are a high school or home-schooled student with permission
- You are a non-high school graduate with ability to perform college-level work and benefit from a post-secondary education
If you've previously attended RCBC, but have not taken classes in three years, you must resubmit an Application for Admission before registering for classes. The $20 application fee is waived. If you have taken a RCBC class in the last three years, you may register for courses without re-applying to the college.
Request an official transcript from any colleges you've attended since the last time you took courses at RCBC. Your transcripts should show subjects completed, and grades earned. If you have attended international universities you must have your transcripts evaluated (course by course) by the World Evaluation Services prior to submitting them to RCBC. Transcripts should be sent to RCBC's Office of Admissions & Registration.
Rowan College at Burlington County
Office of Admissions
900 College Circle
Mt Laurel, NJ 08054
The State of New Jersey requires all institutions of higher education to assess all full-time and part-time entering students for proficiency in reading, writing, computation and elementary algebra. Students will be assessed after they have been admitted to the college and their application materials have been processed.
Assessment testing is available on a walk-in basis at the Pemberton and Mt. Laurel campuses. Please refer to the Test Center for additional testing information.
Who is exempt from taking the Entrance Exam?
Students whom have met the following benchmarks on the SAT, ACT, PARCC exam, or Specific Prior College Coursework are not required to take the Entrance Exam:
- Prior to March 2016 students with scores of: Math Score of 540 or higher and a Critical Reading Score of 530 or higher
- After March 2016 students with scores of: Math Score of 500 or better and a Evidence Based Reading and Writing Score of 450 or better.
- MATH PARCC score of 4 or 5
- ENGLISH PARCC score of 4 or 5
- Students with ACT scores of 23 or higher in Reading and 20 or higher in Math are not required to take the Entrance Exam.
- Students who have taken college-level English and Math courses with a grade of a C or higher are not required to take the Entrance Exam.
The State of New Jersey requires all full-time (12 or more credits), degree seeking students, who did not graduate from a New Jersey high school, provide proof of immunizations against measles, mumps, and rubella, and hepatitis b. Proof of immunizations should be certified by your health care provider, utilizing the "Certificate of Immunization" form. Specific immunization requirements are attached to this form.
Students who have graduated from a New Jersey high school must submit an official final high school transcript to the Office of Admissions & Registration, 601 Pemberton Browns Mills Rd, Pemberton, NJ 08068, in order to be exempt from this requirement.
Students who are exempt from the immunization requirements on grounds of medical contraindication, religious reasons, or age (students born before 1957 are exempt from MMR requirements only), should submit the "Certificate of Immunization" , indicating the type of exemption, along with supporting documentation as required.
Students may be admitted and enrolled on a provisional basis for their first term if required immunization documentation is not available at the time of registration. If you have any questions about the regulations, please contact the Office of Admissions at (856) 222-9311, ext. 1200.