Graphic Design & Digital Media Program
The Graphic Design and Digital Media program provides students with a solid foundation in design concepts and practices, and encourages the development of informed responses to issues surrounding visual communication.
In completing the Graphic Design and Digital Media program, students prepare themselves for entry-level positions in the design professions, such as junior designers, designers’ assistants, and production artists
Students who wish to transfer are strongly advised to seek information about the admission requirements to a four-year institution of their choice early in their studies at RCBC.
Students of graphic design should display an aptitude in the visual arts. An interview and/or portfolio review may be helpful before enrolling in this program to assess student interests and aptitudes, and to ensure appropriate placement in the program.
Graduates of this program should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of visual composition, typography, and symbolic representation;
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing concerning issues relevant to the design problem-solving process;
- Demonstrate proficiency with the tools and technologies relevant to the creation of visual images for print and digitally-based distribution;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ethical and legal considerations relevant to common design practices;
- Demonstrate effective working habits, including an ability to meet deadlines, and incorporate constructive criticism while generating alternative solutions to design problems;
- Produce a portfolio of original work demonstrating an ability to solve problems in visual communication in a unique and meaningful way;
- Develop a strategy to research and pursue employment opportunities suitable to the level of personal abilities and talents evidenced by the portfolio.
For more information about this program, please contact:
(856) 222-9311, ext. 1230