-A A +A

Degree-Seeking Admissions

Rowan College at Burlington County has an Open Enrollment Policy. You may begin your studies at RCBC if you fall under any of the following categories:

  • You have a high school diploma
  • You have an equivalency (GED) certificate
  • You are a high school or home-schooled student with permission
  • You are a non-high school graduate with ability to perform college-level work and benefit from a post-secondary education

If you are attending RCBC for the first time, you must complete an Application for Admission before you register for classes. Submit a completed application for admission and $20 (non-refundable processing fee) to the Office of Admissions, or in person at the Pemberton campus, the Mt. Laurel campus, the Willingboro Center or the Mt. Holly Center. The $20 application fee is waived when you submit an online application. Please take note of additional instructions if you are an International Student or if you are applying for college courses while still in high school.


Submit Transcript 

If you have never attended college before, request an official transcript from your high school showing subjects completed, grades earned and date of graduation. Transcripts should be sent to RCBC's Office of Admissions. A General Education Diploma (GED) may be submitted as evidence of high school graduation.

Rowan College at Burlington County
Office of Admissions

900 College Circle
Mt Laurel, NJ 08054

If you are transferring into RCBC from another college you must enroll in a degree or certificate program and send an official transcript from each school you have attended to the RCBC Office of Admissions. If you have attended international universities you must have your transcripts evaluated (course by course) by the World Evaluation Services prior to submitting them to RCBC.


College Assessment 

The State of New Jersey requires all institutions of higher education to assess all full-time and part-time entering students for proficiency in reading, writing, computation and elementary algebra. Students will be assessed after they have been admitted to the college and their application materials have been processed.

Assessment testing is available on a walk-in basis at the Pemberton and Mt. Laurel campuses. Please refer to the Test Center for additional testing information.

Who is exempt from taking the ACCUPLACER Exam?

Students whom have met the following benchmarks on the SAT, ACT, PARCC exam, or Specific Prior College Coursework are not required to take the ACCUPLACER exam:


  • Prior to March 2016 students with scores of: Math Score of 540 or higher and a Critical Reading Score of 530 or higher
  • After March 2016 students with scores of: Math Score of 500 or better and a Evidence Based Reading and Writing Score of 450 or better.  


  • MATH PARCC score of 4 or 5 
  • ENGLISH PARCC score of 4 or 5 


  • Students with ACT scores of 23 or higher in Reading and 20 or higher in Math are not required to take the ACCUPLACER exam.

Prior College

  • Students who have taken college-level English and Math courses with a grade of a C or higher are not required to take the ACCUPLACER exam.

(NOTE: Additional requirements may be needed in specific degree programs)



The State of New Jersey requires all full-time (12 or more credits), degree seeking students, who did not graduate from a New Jersey high school, provide proof of immunizations against measles, mumps, and rubella, and hepatitis b. Proof of immunizations should be certified by your health care provider, utilizing the "Certificate of Immunization" form. Specific immunization requirements are attached to this form.

Students who have graduated from a New Jersey high school must submit an official final high school transcript to the Office of Admissions, 601 Pemberton Browns Mills Rd, Pemberton, NJ 08068, in order to be exempt from this requirement.

Students who are exempt from the immunization requirements on grounds of medical contraindication, religious reasons, or age (students born before 1957 are exempt from MMR requirements only), should submit the "Certificate of Immunization" , indicating the type of exemption, along with supporting documentation as required.

Students may be admitted and enrolled on a provisional basis for their first term if required immunization documentation is not available at the time of registration. If you have any questions about the regulations, please contact the Office of Admissions at (856) 222-9322, ext. 1200.