RCBC Aquatics is an Authorized Training Center for American Red Cross and American Heart Association Safety Courses.
All materials must be purchased ahead of time prior to the start of class www.redcrossstore.org. Some course material is available to download for free, please contact us for details.
Currently offered American Red Cross Courses
- Lifeguard Training (Ages 15+) - certifies you for two years. Includes LG/CPR/AED/First Aid
- Lifeguard Training Review - must be currently certified (non-expired certs) to take this course, includes LG/CPR/AED/First Aid
- Waterfront Training Module - must be currently certified with ARC lifeguard cert to take this course.
- Waterfront Review course - must be currently certified to take this course (non-expired certs)
- Safety Training For Swim Coaches Blended Learning
- Babysitters Training
- Wilderness and Remote First Aid (Ages 14+) - must be currently certified in Adult CPR/AED
- Junior Lifeguard (Ages 11-14) - educational program designed to provide a foundation of aquatic leadership and knowledge.
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer & Healthcare Provider
American Red Cross Instructor Level Courses
- Water Safety Instructor (Ages 16+) - upon successful completion, certifies student to teach swimming classes.
- Lifeguard Training Instructor (Ages 17+) - upon success completion, certifies students to teach lifeguarding classes.
Currently offed American Heart Association Classes
- Heartsaver Adult/Child/ Infant CPR/AED
- Heartsaver Adult/Child/Infant CPR/AED + First Aid
American Red Cross Lifeguard Training prerequisites:
- 300 yard swim continuously using freestyle and breast stroke.
- Swim 20 yards, surface dive to 10ft, retrieve 10lb diving brick, and swim 20 yards back to start with diving brick held on chest using both hands, exit the water without using steps/ladder in 1 minute 40 seconds.
- Tread water for 2 minutes in the deep end of the pool using legs only. Hands must be tucked under armpits.
All fees and required course materials are subject to change. For class schedules, fees and general course information please contact Aquatics at 609-894-9311, ext. 1010.