Student Ambassador Program
What is a Rowan College at Burlington County Student Ambassador?
Student Ambassadors are student liaisons that provide prospective students insights into academic and student life. Student Ambassadors are paid student workers that assist Outreach and Admissions Staff at events both on and off campus.
Job Title: RCBC Student Ambassador
Hours: varies/no more than 20 hr/week
Compensation: $8.50 per/hr
Reports directly to: Assistant Director of Outreach and Admissions, Zaneb Ghanem
Student Ambassadors participate in various events throughout the academic year. Some of the typical responsibilities and duties that Student Ambassadors will include, but not limited to:
- Campus Tours (Pemberton and Mount Laurel)
- Spring Ahead Registration Visits
- Open Houses
- BCSCA/RCBC College Fair
- Community Events
- RCBC Information Sessions
- Administrative tasks as assigned by supervisor(s)
- Additional events when necessary
Students must be able to attend Training Sessions and uphold the institutions mission and values at all times.
Students who are interested in becoming a Student Ambassador must meet the following qualifications:
- Enrolled as either a part-time or full time student
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) 2.5 or Higher
- Exceptional Customer Services Skills
- Outstanding Communication and Public Speaking Skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Possess Leadership Skills
- Demonstrate professionalism
- Serve as a positive role model for youth and new students
- Maintain proper work attire at Campus Events (students will be provided a campus polo/t-shirt)
- Available Nights and Weekends when necessary
While participating in the RCBC Student Ambassador Program, students gain valuable skills that transition well into life after college. Some of the benefits of becoming a Student Ambassador are:
- Paid an hourly wage
- Flexible work schedule based around your course work
- Enhance your Networking and interpersonal skills
- Gain Leadership Skills
- Training in communication and customer service skills
Students who are interested in RCBC’s Student Ambassador Program should apply through our Career Services Center.
- Click on Students and Career Connect
- Once there, log in as a Student and Register for a new account using your Student Email Address.
Additional Application Materials
- One Letter of Recommendation (RCBC Faculty Member)
- 2 Professional References (cannot be relatives or peers)
For applications to be complete and considered for employment, students will need to submit Letter of Recommendation from a RCBC Faculty Member and a list of professional references. Letters of Recommendation must come directly from the Faculty Member via hard copy or email.
Zaneb Ghanem, Assistant Director of Outreach and Admissions
900 College Circle
Mt Laurel, NJ 08054
Exceptional candidates will be contacted to participate in an on-campus interview to complete the application process.
Contact the Outreach and Admissions Assistant Director:
(609) 894-9311, ext. 1609