Students who are home schooled can take an advantage of Rowan College at Burlington County’s courses and programs while still completing or as part of their homeschool curriculum. It is easy for a homeschool student to apply and enroll at RCBC!
Tuition and Fees for the 2016-2017 Year*: Burlington County residents pay $135.50 per credit. Out-of-county home-schooled students are still encouraged to begin enrollment with Rowan College at Burlington County. Out-of-county residents pay $151.50 per credit.
Enroll at RCBC in just a few easy steps!
Step 1: Application Process
Schedule an appointment with our Home-School Enrollment Advisor, Jeannine Baumgartner, to receive personalized attention during the enrollment process.
For your appointment you will need:
- Home-School Student Application (This application must be submitted in person, emailed/mailed applications will not be accepted.)
- A Photo ID (if applicable)
- If the student does not have a photo ID please complete the Student ID Paperwork.
- Copy of accurate transcripts of homeschool curriculum is recommended (not required)
Record: A home-school student should keep an accurate transcript of their home-school curriculum. It is recommended (yet not required) that home-schooled students send their transcript to the office of admissions so that there is a record of the course work that the student has completed.
Rowan College at Burlington County
Office of Admissions
900 College Circle
Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054
During your appointment you will:
- Complete the home-school student application
- Complete the Registration Process
- Receive a RCBC Student ID
Step 2: Enrollment
If a student is interested in taking a Math or English based course, they will need to sit for the Entrance Exam.
If a student is under the age of 16:
The student will need to meet with Jeannine Baumgartner, Admissions Counselor, prior to moving forward in the enrollment process. To make an appointment with Jeannine, please call (609) 894-9311, ext. 2787.
If a student is 16 years old or older:
Students may need to sit for the placement exam if they do not meet the following criteria:
- Received a C or higher in a college level Math or English Course
- Have Math Scores for: SAT of 530 or higher and/or ACT Score of 20 or higher
- Have Critical Reading Scores for: SAT of 540 or higher and/or ACT Score of 23 or higher
Step 3: Advising and Enrollment
Once the student has completed all of the necessary testing or completed documentation, they will need to meet with the Home-School Admissions Counselor to develop a plan of study and register for courses.
Tuition and fees must be paid by the payment deadline.
Note: If you do not plan to attend RCBC after you register for courses, you must formally withdrawal with Registration.
For questions and more information, please contact the Home-School Admissions Counselor:
(609) 894-9311, ext. 2787